Avocado with Hot Sauce, Lime, and Cheese
As soon as Mara sent me this recipe I couldn’t wait to make it. It’s got some of my favorite things in it, was super easy to make and it turned out to be delicious. With just avocados, limes, hot sauce, cheese and seasonings, I think it’s my new favorite meal and snack. In fact I’ve already made it twice in the last 24 hours.
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime*
- your favorite hot sauce*
- salt and pepper
*The limes that I used weren’t especially juicy, so I used the entire lime, but if you’ve got juicier limes you might need less.
*the recipe suggests Tobasco or Louisiana, but I used a Pique that I made a while back that used habaneros, carrots, and lime.
*I used a mexican blend, the recipe calls for parmesan.
- Cut the avocado in half, removing the seed.
- Poke holes all over with a fork so that the lime juice and hot sauce will soak in.
- Spread desired amount of hot sauce over each half of the avocado. Squeeze lime juice evenly over both halves. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill just the cavities of the avocado with cheese and put under a broiler for about two minutes, or enough to melt the cheese.
- Cover the rest of each half with more cheese, and put back under the broiler for another two minutes.
Original recipe here.